This hapless pigeon sparked chaos after pecking through power cables – and causing an explosion.
The wild bird landed on the overhanging electricity and phone wires where he began scratching at the powerful transformers.
Moments later residents heard a loud bang and flames erupted from the pole in Tambon Sattahip Chonburi province.
Terrified villagers ran screaming from their homes while firefighters battled the blaze spreading along the wires while technicians spent 11 hours restoring power.
Tragically, the bird died after causing up to 500,000THB worth of damage – the equivalent of around £10,000.
Volunteer rescue group Sawang Rojana Dhamma said the cause of the accident was the pigeon.
A spokesman said: ”The local people said that the pigeon had been messing around on the wire near the transformers and suddenly they heard a blast then saw the fire.
”Flames spread along the wires very quickly and the pigeon was killed instantly and fell down.
”Fireman controlled the situation. We stopped traffic in the area and waited for electrical engineers from the local authority to arrive.
”It took more than 11 hours to get things back to normal.”