A heartbroken mother claims her disabled son was murdered by masked men in the Philippines drugs war after being falsely labelled a dealer.
Luzviminda Siapo, 39, flew home from her job as cleaner in Kuwait when she heard online about her son Raymart’s death on March 29 in Navotas City.
Friends told her how Raymart had an argument with a neighbour who took revenge by reporting her son to the local council claiming he had been selling cannabis.
Shockingly, the next evening 14 masked armed men on motorbikes had arrived and kidnapped Raymart as he cried for help from people in the street.
Mother-of-two Luzviminda said friends have told her that the killer told her son to run – but his club feet meant he had to sit on the ground while they unloaded bullets in his head.
She said: ”All it took was a false accusation for these people to murder my son
”They did not bother to investigate, they did not bother to verify. They just killed him.
“Now my son is selling [drugs]? Where’s the evidence? Also, they don’t want to believe that 14 men took my son? How come they have an idea about the number? Do they know who did it?
”I’m working hard abroad just so I could raise my kids well. But this is what I’d come home to? My dead child.”
Luzviminda said that her son was taken away with the group and when he could not run they broke his arms then asked him to sit down instead and ”shot him, just like that.’’
The housemaid said she had been working in the Middle East and her employer accused her of lying about her son’s death so she could return home.
She said she had to ‘’kiss her boss’s feet’’ and leave her belongings in Kuwait as a guarantee she would fly back for Raymart’s funeral.
Luzviminda asked officials to show her the complaint against her son which she said was fabricated by a neighbour he had a dispute with.
She was pictured breaking down in tears at her son’s funeral on Sunday (April 9).
Officers are now investigating the murder amid claims by Luzviminda and anti-violence campaigners that Raymart was killed without evidence.
Critics of controversial president Rodrigo Duterte claim his war on drugs has allowed personal grudges to be settled under the cover of tackling dealers.
But police claim that the teenager had been on their watch list for selling methamphetamine.
Philippine National Police Director General Ronald dela Rosa said: ”I have instructed the district director of the Northern Police District to solve that case because that’s murder.”
Director General Ronald dela Rosa said the accusation of selling drugs was suspected to be ”the source of the boy’s misfortune’’ but he said that it’s ”still murder’’ whether or not he was.
Navotas police chief Senior Supt. Dante Novicio said that they had been monitoring the teenager for several months.